Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 7: Opposition in All Things

This is Day 7 in a challenging new series of posts. Each post will focus on a way to increase spirituality, focus or efficiency in dealing with life. Each post will provide a speech or essay to read, a 5 question quiz and a personal challenge statement or goal. The hope is that through self-directed learning and some coaching from me, you will grow in refreshing new ways.



Life is a series of tests. Our response determines who we become and how our character develops. "Some of these tests are temptations to sin. Some are mortal challenges apart from personal sin. Some are very great. Some are minor. Some are continuous, and some are mere episodes. None of us is exempt. Opposition permits us to grow toward what our Heavenly Father would have us become." (Dallin H Oaks) We sometimes get discouraged by the nature of the opposition we face. It is easy to blame God for allowing our test to occur but it is better to take responsibility and rise to the challenge. To get a better idea of what exactly is opposition and why we face it...

1. Read the speech

Speech

2. Take the quiz

Quiz

3. Personal Challenge Statement: With God, I am stronger than all the forces that oppose me.

4. Goal: I will list five ways that I have overcome my opposition. I will also acknowledge at least one challenge that I am struggling to overcome.

5. Dig deeper into another blog post on this topic:

Why does God Allow Bad Things to Happen

Image Credit: Flickr/Alberto G

No comments: