Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Balanced, Righteous Life

This is Day 5 in a challenging new series of posts. Each post will focus on a way to increase spirituality, focus or efficiency in dealing with life. Each post will provide a speech or essay to read, a 5 question quiz and a personal challenge statement or goal. The hope is that through self-directed learning and some coaching from me, you will grow in refreshing new ways.



Life is a journey. I begin as a child and grow into adulthood. My identity is formed by my childhood experiences together with my emergence from youth into adulthood and the definitions that I accept about myself. My identity is strongest when it incorporates a knowledge of my divine worth. Next I must have a safe harbor so that the inevitable storms can't sink my ship. Today I want to discuss the idea of balance. No ship will stay afloat if it has too much weight on one side. Balance is an oft-debated topic and it would be difficult to summarize the theories out there. Today I will propose the ideas for staying balanced from the speech The Tradition of a Balanced, Righteous Life by L Tom Perry.

1. Read the Speech

Speech

2. Take the 5-question quiz

Quiz

3. Personal Challenge Statement: I can succeed in all aspects of life as I balance my efforts to feel, learn, do and share.

4. Goal: I will evaluate my life and focus on one way that I can be more balanced.

5. Dig Deeper into other blog posts on this topic:

Prioritize Spirituality

The Greatest Work

Spiritual Self Reliance


No comments: